• question-icon

Suggest treatment for vaginal vault prolapse

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: If I were to have surgery to open up the collapsed viginal canal:
What is the surgery called?
What are the risks?
What is the recovery time?
What would be the approximate cost?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vaginoplasty is the surgery needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Vaginoplasty is the surgery to open up the collapsed vaginal canal. t is a surgical procedure that results in the construction or reconstruction of the vagina. It is a type of genitoplasty.
The main risks include necrosis of the surgically created vagina vaginal shrinkage stricture, or narrowing of the vaginal orifice etc.
Recovery time varies from 2-4 weeks according to the extent of structures involved. The cost also varies according to the severity of problem and associated complications.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN