• question-icon

Suggest treatment for vaginal spotting and abdominal cramps

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello so I have a friend who's having an issue with slight spotting and cramps.
It seems to be after having clitoral orgasam, they have been having issues with a small amount of spotting followed by cramping.
They are a Female to Male Transgender patient (FTM)

-They've been on their Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for a little over a year now.

-A few months ago (1 or 2) they missed a dose and was 22-23 days off of they're meds.

-They're suppose to have their injection every 10 days.

-Before hand never having an issue with the current situation.

-The last time I heard they're estrogen levels were low at 5%

-They're waiting on a call from their doctor for future instructions on getting a blood draw to further assess the future dosage of testosterone.

Could you please tell me if this is normal, like a hormone inbalance? They're wondering if it's more serious.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to low estrogen levels.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

The slight cramping and spotting can be due to low levels of estrogen that causes a dryness in the area. This can be associated with itching also. Local application of estrogen cream can help in reducing the spotting.

No, it's not likely to be anything serious.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN