Suggest treatment for vaginal itching and redness
Seems to be related to candidal infection.
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand your concern for the various problems at the genital area. After analyzing your query it seems to be related to candidal infection of the area. All the symptoms are indicative of the same. In view to help you best I request you to kindly elaborate certain points:
-Since how long you have all these symptoms.
- Is it for the first time you are suffering form all these problems or had been recurrently.
- Do you see any white specks or curd like flakes.
- Are you sexually active.
If possible kindly upload the photos of affected area.
Hope to hear soon.
Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Candida infection at genital area. Various suggestions and guidance
Welcome back and thanks for responding so fast.
I have diligently analyzed the complete condition and can make out the best possibility of candida infection at genital area. It is quite common in young females especially the premenstrual phase. It could be aggravated by improper hygiene. Sexual intercourse (specifically of unprotected nature and oral sex) is a predisposing factor for the same.
I suggest you following important measures to get early relief:
- Wash the area for 2-3 times with simple water.
- use mild soap only and be very gentle during washing the area.
- Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments to be changed two times a day. Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments.
- Keep yourself away from hot and humid climate.
- Further at night time do warm water compresses.
- Do not sit continuously for long hours.
- Avoid intercourse till complete recovery.
- If I were your treating dermatologist then would have suggested to apply plane anti-fungal creams such as “Clotrimazole” or “Ketoconazole” or "Sertaconazole" or "Amorolfine " in a very thin amount so that it should not be visible to the naked eye.
- I would have also suggested to take oral anti histamine like loratadine or levocetrizine two times a day under medial advise if there is moderate to severe itching is present.
-Don't try to scratch or rub the area as can lead to further aggravation of the problem.
"Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem"
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology and Sexually transmitted diseases)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for vaginal itching
- Betnovate ointment is for vaginal itching treatment?
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching and peeling std tests came negative suggest treatment
- Red wine and vaginal itching
- Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
- External vaginal itching with red bump
- Vaginal itching treatment during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching taken caneston suggestions