Suggest treatment for vaginal itching and irritation post intercourse

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: hi, after having sex last week i am facing an irritation and itching around vagina and there is some boil too.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please get a physical examination.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are related to the intercourse you had. You should see a specialist for a physical examination, swabs to test the vagina and the cervix. You also need urinalysis.

After the reports are done, further management can be planned. Meanwhile use mild antiseptic solutions to clean the genital area. Avoid tight underwear and use cotton undergarments.

Your sexual partner also has to be tested and treated if needed.

Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 6 minutes later
Thank you doctor for the revert, can you suggest any antiseptic for cleaning?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use dettol or savlon solution.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

You can use dettol or savlon solution in a diluted form in lukewarm water for cleansing.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Follow up: Dr. Shanti Vennam 14 minutes later
So should id stop lorit 10 tablet and washing with betadine and dusting clocip powder?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can continue Betadine wash.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing again.

You are taking symptomatic treatment with suppression of irritation by using Loratidine. This can be continued. Betadine wash also can be taken. If you prefer this to dettol or savlon, you can continue with this alone. Clotrimazole powder may not be of much help in your situation. Please go ahead with a clinical exam to plan further management.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Shanti.V.