Suggest treatment for vaginal infection
In march this year, I had experienced vaginal infection which involved itching, a little burning sensation and yellow discharge. I was prescribed 'Cansoft CL' to insert into my vagina and 'Canesten' creme for applying around vagina (not to insert). It cured my problem completely. However, from past 2-3 days it started itching again and from last night I experienced the same yellow discharge. I am concerned now as I have just got married (this Feb) and in 1 or 2 years would want to plan a family. Request you to address my concern.
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.
Thanks for writing to us.
According to your information, you are mostly suffering from Trichomoniasis, a very common cause of vaginitis and transmitted through sexual contact. One culture test will be worthwhile to confirm the diagnosis.
TREATMENT: 1) Vaginal suppository or Oral Metronidazole can be taken for 5-7 days. Your partner also needs the same treatment whether he is symptomatic or not. Kindly, consult with your doctor for complete prescription.
2) Use vaginal moisturizer cream like RepHresh pH gel or VAGISIL cream to avoid repeated infection and maintain vaginal pH. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
3) Wear only cotton clothes. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.
4) Take healthy diet as you have mentioned with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid salty, sugary or fatty foods.
5) Avoid chemical cosmetics, perfume or scented bath products around genital area. Keep the area mostly dry. You also avoid unprotected sexual intercourse along with chemical lubricant until your problem is resolved completely.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
1) Whatever you have prescribed me, shall I go ahead with it?
2) Both me and my partner were prescribed Fas-Kit 3 during my first course of treatment, so do we need to again take the same?
3) Which culture test shall I go for?
4) Atlast: am I at any major risk due to this? since this has only started after my marriage and I am pretty concerned for the future.
DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW.
Thanks for follow up queries.
1) According to clinical presentation, it is MOSTLY suggestive of Trichomoniasis infection and common in newly married women due to frequent unprotected sex. You should take above treatment or medicine only after doctor's prescription.
2) FAS-Kit 3 is QUITE effective in the treatment of sexually transmitted disease. You both need to take this again to eliminate the infection.
3) You should undergo one swab culture test of vaginal discharge to rule out underlying etiology & confirm the diagnosis. You must consult with gynecologist for proper guidance.
4) You MUST follow preventive measures as I have described earlier. It will help to prevent recurrent infection. Long term infection may cause problem in sexual intercourse and conceiving. It should be treated completely.
Hope, I have answered your queries. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer.
Good luck and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for viral vaginal infection
- Treatment and cure for Vaginal infection
- Treatment and cure for repetitive vaginal infections
- Suggest treatment for vaginal infection
- What treatment should one take for vaginal infection
- What treatment is suggested for vaginal infection
- Treatment and cure for recurrent vaginal infections
- Treatment and cure for asymptomatic vaginal infection
- Treatment of mixed vaginal infection
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection and vaginal infection