Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for vaginal dryness

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
what can be done to enhance sexual satisfaction for a woman with a tipped uterus?.Is it size or a medical procedure needed or male enhancement is needed whats the safest and most convenient type?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: First I have a couple of questions for you... 1. Can you be more specific about the problem? Is it pain? 2. How long has this been an issue 3. Have you ever had an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus? 4. Is there any problem with vaginal dryness? Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vaginal dryness 6 hours later
1.pain is not an issue. 2.all our married life. 3.I do not think so. 4. yes there is. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the answers... Detailed Answer: I am sorry about the delay - I was traveling and it is hard to answer appropriately using my phone only. With regard to your question: First of all, the idea that you have a tipped uterus has probably always been present and is really quite normal. Sometimes it can lead to pain with intercourse, but you reported to me that pain is NOT an issue. What you DID indicate is that vaginal dryness IS an issue. Given your age of 65, this is because you are post-menopausal and your ovaries produce almost no estrogen at all. This leads to vaginal dryness, and in many cases, decrease in sexual function and performance. Here is how something like this is approached: 1. Use of lubricants WITH intercourse - Astroglide is a great product 2. Use of a produce called Replens for daily moisturization of the vagina 3. Consideration of vaginal estrogen - talk to your OB about a prescription If there is concern about your uterus based on previous comments, how it feels during intercourse, or based on concern regarding its position and effect on intercourse, then an ultrasound is a great idea. This could be coordinated with a visit with your OB/GYN to talk about vaginal dryness as well. Please let me know if this helps!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor