Suggest treatment for vaginal dryness

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 11 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: In menopause with extreme vaginal dryness, night sweats, anxiety, irritability, moodiness, depression, agitation, weight gain. Can't take estrogens bc make me extremely nervous. Tried many. No sex with hubby. Am EXTREMELY SENSITIVE to most mess. Can wild yam extract help with vaginal dryness/pain. Black Cohosh helpful for other things? Do take prescription meds for anxiety/depression. Don't need interactions.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Wild yam extract can help the vaginal dryness. A new estrogen receptor modulator Osphena is geared to the vaginal epithelium. It is supposed to reverse vaginal changes as if you were still producing estrogen without having to worry about absorbing estrogen systemically. I hope it works for you. it is a good alternative for you.
Black Cohosh and soy can also help. Since you are looking for natural alternatives the commonest ones and those found beneficial are compounds containing isoflavones and lignanes. These include soy, flax seeds, red clover, whole cereals, whey proteins, legumes and green leafy vegetables. You can also use menopro powder 2 spoonfuls with milk twice daily. Other measure are regular light exercise like yoga or walking, use of evening primrose oil. Calcium supplementation is important to prevent osteoporosis.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad