Suggest treatment for vaginal discharge

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am 50 years old, and I notice that my vaginal discharge smells like vinegar. I've been to see my gyn, it's not BV or yeast, everything looks okay, but this is a somewhat new smell to me. I am concerned.
I wear an IUD, and have had 2 sexual partners within months of each other.

What can I do to get rid of this odor? I am not used to having an odor!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Change your diet.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.

I can understand your concern here.

If this smell is not due to BV and yeast infection, you should go and investigate yourself for STD and vaginal swab culture and sensitivity is also useful.

You can change your diet pattern because sometimes some food can cause this type of smell.

Eliminate some dairy product and spicy food from diet.

Eat healthy and balanced diet.

Maintain proper vaginal hygiene and do protected sex.

Do not drink soda, alcohol and aerated drink.

Hope it is useful, feel free to ask more questions.