Suggest treatment for vaginal candidiasis
Is commonly present in the genital flora
Hi dear and thanks for your query.
Mycoplasma hominis is a bacterium, commonly present in the genital flora of sexually active males and females, which can cause infection in the genitourinary tract.
While urine test of anti mycoplasma antibody is positive ,doctor has done very well that has prescribed azithromycin for 5 days .
But since you already had candidiasis about a week back, and now are using Azithromycin (is antibiotic ) it could cause relapse candidiasis infection .
Hence ,if I will be your doctor I would suggest to take vitamins supplements with probiotics while you will be on azithromycin treatment.
All the best and fast recovery
should be treated together
Hi dear again and thanks trusting to us.
We can't confirm the origin of the infection.
As a rule you should be treated together because it is a kind of sexually transmitted infection.
It's not needed to be check up your husband.
Better is to have abstinence or protected intercourse with condom while you will be on treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal candidiasis prevention
- Treatment for vaginal candidiasis
- Resistant vaginal candidiasis
- Treatment and cure for vaginal candidiasis
- Morphological shape of vaginal candidiasis
- Pediatric vaginal candidiasis
- Pediatric vaginal candidiasis treatment
- Is clotrimazole 3 used in the treatment of vaginal candidiasis ?
- How to treat vaginal candidiasis
- What is the treatment for fungal vaginal candidiasis