Suggest treatment for urticaria

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello i have some skin leasons that are really freaking me out. I have been under a lot of stress lately but wondering what this could be?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some more details

Detailed Answer:

Since when did you have these rashes ?
Do the rashes itch ?
Are these rashes recurrent ?
Are you allergic to any food or chemical ?
Are you on any medication ?
Does the rash disappear on pressure ?
Did any of the rash change in the color over time ?

Waiting for your reply,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 3 minutes later
I have had them for about a week. My head itches strangly enough. I have not ever had anything like this. My nurse friend says its hives from stress but i just want another oponion
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
They are hives

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the information.

The lesions you have appear to be urticaria due to allergy. The allergy could be due to some sort of vegetative matter. These hives would surely come down over time once you have stopped the exposure to the allergen. You can speed up the process by taking antihistaminic medications.