Suggest treatment for uro-genital infection
Thank you for providing the reports of your friend.
I have gone through those reports and noted the therapy suggested by his doctor with medications as mentioned in the earlier conversation.
Now, I still think nausea he is having is due to taking medications all at once in the morning.
Once again, I highly recommend to take medications as following:
- spironolactone and furosemide fasting (before breakfast) but not at once: can have furosemide first, wait for 15 minutes, then, take spironolactone, wait for at least 30 minutes, then have breakfast
- lisinopril and metoprolol after having lunch
- zolpidem at bedtime
Thus, it will be easier to digest these medications without having nausea as side effects.
Encourage him to have meals regularly.
I have noted that he has been suffering of uro-genital infection. That could also simulate GI problems. That's why a correct treatment can also help.
Let me know if you have further queries!
Hi back XXXXXXX
My advise is that he should retested about urogenital infection, especially should do a urine culture to find out the best antibiotic to treat infection.
My advice is that he should closely monitor electrolyte especially sodium intake and should increase diuretic dosage. These measures together with elevation of legs will be of help on reducing leg swelling (edema).
Hope this will be of help.
Wish you and your friend health!
Following answer to your queries...
I wouldn't recommend him to take milk of Magnesia two times a day, because it would cause severe health problems. Using over a long period Milk of Magnesium will cause electrolyte imbalance and worsening of leg swelling.
Instead I would recommend to use lactulose tablets, together with a spoon of extra virgin olive oil three times a day to deal with constipation. More over i would suggest to use more fruits like plums, kiwi etc to soften his stools.
Wish you all health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for std genital infection
- Treatment and cure for genital infection
- Upper genital infection causes
- Treatment and cure for herpetic genital infection
- Treatment and cure for repeated genital infections
- Hsv-1 genital infection
- Herpetic genital infection causes
- Treatment and cure for upper genital infection
- Repeated genital infections causes
- Genital infection causes