question-icon

Suggest treatment for urine infection

Posted on Wed, 22 Jul 2015
Question: hello Doctor, My son had Urine infection every now and then and doctor suggested Absorb Powder to be used on Daily Basis. I have been using it now and the occurence of the infection has come down. But i wanted to know if there is any side effects of using this powder on my child on daily basis. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Absorb powder is for local skin fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to the HCM

Absorb powder has clotrimazole which is a drug to treat local skin fungal infection. it starts acting within days and it is not recommended to continue it for more than 4 weeks for this.

Urine infections are usually due to bacterias. They present as fever, burning or frequency of urination or abdominal pains. They require proper investigation ( urine routine, culture and sensitivity) and course of antibiotics such as cefixime, levofloxacin or amoxicillin accordingly. If you have any reports, you may upload them for my reference.

I would suggest you to hold absorb powder for the time being if there is no itching in local area. Maintain good hygiene and offer him plenty of water daily to avoid any further skin or urine infection.

Hopefully I have answered your question. For any further questions, I would be happy to help you out.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician