Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi. I had unprotected sex on day 9. My period cycle is around 26-28 days. Today is my 26 day and i am expreiencing tender breasts ( needle like pain in the nipple), white discharge and burning in the vagina but did not get my period. Am i pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
chances of pregnancy is rare

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion considering your cycle length the day 9 comes under safe period.So the chances of pregnancy might be rare.
But confirmation can be done by urine pregnancy test.The pregnancy test gives accurate results if done a week after missed period.
The pregnancy symptoms like nausea,vomitings,increased frequency of urination and tender breasts start 2 weeks after missed period in case of pregnancy.So
it might be too early to feel any pregnancy symptoms.
The tender breasts,white discharge can be seen before menstruation also.
As it is the 26 th day you can wait a week or 10 days more for spontaneous onset of period.To confirm do a urine pregnancy test if period is delayed.
Even stress regarding the thought of pregnancy or anything also might delay the period.So relax and wait for the period.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss furthur.
Best regards...Dr.srilatha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. Srilatha Myaka 5 hours later
Thank you. But i am concerned as i began puking after eating. I am also experiencing severe itching and burning in vagina along with frequent and painful urination.
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
it might be UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,I got your query.I understand your concern.
In my opinion frequent and burning urination and itching vagina might suggest urinary tract infection (UTI).
And vomiting after eating might also be not due to pregnancy because it is too early too face any symptoms of pregnancy.
Diagnosis cannot be based only on symptoms.Anyhow confirmation can be done by urine pregnancy test.So wait till the period date as the test need to done a week after missed period.
Even the thought of pregnancy makes one to feel the symptoms of pregnancy.So relax.
I suggest you to do a urine examination to rule out UTI.Also drink adequate fluids upto 2 to 3 litres,coconut water and cranberry juice also help to prevent UTI.