• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for urinary infection

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: i am suffering from urine infection. i have started taking oflox 400 after culture report. should i go for injections of genitamicin or this will be treated by oflox
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ofloxacin alone is sufficient.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The urine culture report suggests that the infection is sensitive to ofloxacin. Taking ofloxacin for 7-10 days will cure this infection. You can get a repeat urine culture done after 2 weeks to confirm that the infection has subsided.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13800 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Oflox

doctor1 MD

I am feeling pain in upper part of stomach(just below ribs) from past few days. 5 Days ago I have ate some outside food and on same day I have...

doctor1 MD

My wife has been diagnosed with Typhoid . It has been 2 days since she has been taking Oflox - 400mg and Ceftas - 400mg twice daily. Along with it,...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, My kid is 1.2 years and last two days having loose motions and some vomitting. Her stool test reveal some mucus , alkaline PH, blood,...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

148 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Rakhi Tayal
  • Q - Sex after candid v3 treatment

  • Q - What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?

  • Q - What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?

  • Q - What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?

  • Q - Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...

  • Q - Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?

  • Q - Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy

  • Q - Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...

  • Q - Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...

  • Q - What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...