Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: HI WHAT WOULD CAUSE ME TO LOSE MY BADDER AT NIGHT
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Would like to know in detail about your problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted I could not understand your problem.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making precise comments and suggestions on your problem.

Please feedback at your earliest .I shall be happy to answer your query .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
I take alot of meds. pain meds to gas med . opana 30 plus hydro10/3255 plus gabapentin,300mg prilosec.20mg ranidine 300mg plus blood pressure . lisinopril 10-12.5 Ibuprofen 800 mg , tamsullosin hcl 0.4.All for a spine injury in 2005 . DR says i have a inlarged prostate. when i feel the need to go two two three times a night. i go . but there are nights , like last night that . i wet the bed three times . cause i did not feel the eurge to go . i guess why ? some time i feel the eruge, then there is nights i don`t no i went to i wake up . help please . Is there something my doctors are missing . I been scoped , not fun . neg for anything wrong. what do you thank ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to investigate in detail .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

You seem to not have control over bladder and sensation of urge to pass urine at night .
This could be mostly either Neurogenic bladder due to spine problem that you have or due to chronic retention with over flow of the bladder due to enlarged prostate.

You need to consult qualified Urologist and Neurologist for clinical examination and get following basic test done to help to establish diagnosis
1) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis
2) Urodynaemic study of bladder
3) Cystometric study of bladder
4) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy)
5) Neurological examination by a Neurologist to rule out any neurological cause .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 44 hours later
DR . XXXXXXX thank you for your extending me a courtesy! Will these reocurring problems worsen, and is their a chance I may always have to endure.. , could this potentially lead to cancer? . Are certain medications affecting and or causing this? Bed wetting is happening each 2-3 times nightly and is is becoming increasily worse. Any information regarding these ailments and potential holistic methods woule be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk of Cancer of the bladder.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

At the outset I would state that there is no risk of it leading to cancer of the bladder .

This does not seem to be due to side effect of drugs that you are taking ..

It is very important to find out the cause of your symptoms by doing tests I have suggested .This will help us to take any positive steps as regards definitive treatment .

Thanks and Regards.

Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj