question-icon

Suggest treatment for urethra irritation

Posted on Sat, 29 Mar 2014
Question: I'M HAVING IRRITATION IN THE UERTHA WHEN I AM SITTING WHEN I STAND UP THE PAIN GOES AWAY
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Your symptoms indicate urethra infection and possible bladder infection. When you are sitting, you put pressure on urinary bladder and urethra. You may also have frequent urinating, trace of blood in the urine, lower abdominal pain. I suggest you to visit a doctor and have urine analysis. Antibiotics seems necessary. You should also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (1 hour later)
I've been taking copro for 8 days with no relief also had a dipstick urine test that was clear
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Dipstick urine test is not a good way to diagnose urinary tract infection. You should have regular urine analysis where someone will check your urine with microscope. If Ciprofloxacine did not help, you should also have urine culture test and urethra swab test. If still nothing will be found, please also consult gynecologist and have transvaginal ultrasound. Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon