Suggest treatment for upset stomach and severe nausea

Dr. Geeta Sundar

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a feeling of nausea and wanting to vomit and upset stomach since saturday. I think it got worse since I drank sunday and got a hangover but it did exist prior. Now when i go to poop i feel like throwing up. My poop is also not solid. Almost like diarhhea. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably it is only gastritis that increased because of the drinks.

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome to Health care magic,
Try Omeprazole 20 twice a day and a liquid antacid with simethicone in it 2 tsf three times a day for three days. It should work.
You can also boil some fresh grated ginger in water, add lemon juice and drink.
If loose motions begin and are severe, then you may need an antibiotic and require a medical consultation.
If you can get Domperidone 10 mg or Ondensetron 4 mg, it will get rid of your nausea fast.
If nausea persists beyond three days, get liver function tests done.
You can also boil some fresh grated ginger in water, add lemon juice and drink. It will also help.
You can revert back.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D