Suggest treatment for upper urinary tract infections
His temp goes anywhere from 40.3 in the morning to 35-7 later in the day. it goes up and down during the day. every now and then he has this violent shaking that he can not control.
Not sure what to do about that. They last up to over an hour. Do I heap on the blankets and give him heating pads etc. or should he stay cool?
Please upload the reports
shaking is usually a sign of serious infection. It occurs very frequently in upper urinary tract infections (UTI). Blood in the urine may also occur in UTIs. Influenza ("the flu") may also cause rigor (shaking). There is a test for influenza that may give rapid results with adequate accuracy. Perhaps your husband should ask his doctor about it. Why did his doctor think that it's the flu? Did your husband have cough or other respiratory tract symtpoms?
Uploading the test reports, would help me to have a better idea about his situation. Regarding his shaking, there is not much he can do. Advil is a potent drug against fever and shaking. Tylenol is usually the first choice but if he's had this very uncommon side effect then he should stick to advil. Please remember that advil may hurt his kidneys, stomach and liver among other organs. The kidneys are more prone to its toxic effect when dehydration has ensued. High fever predisposes to dehydration, so enough fluids have to be ingested.
I'll be glad to comment further on his situation, when you provide the details.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection
- Female urinary tract infection treatment
- Male urinary tract infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurring urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection treatment
- Urinary tract infection amoxicillin treatment
- Treatment vre urinary tract infection
- Urinary tract infection pregnancy treatment
- Esbl urinary tract infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection and vaginal infection