Suggest treatment for upper respiratory infection

Dr. Muhammed Aslam

Posted on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 in Elderly Problems
Question: My partner has been prescribed chloromycetin for in upper respiratory infection. He takes somac every day as he has chronic reflux. The prescribing doctor has told him to stay off he somac for a couple of days and to take the antibiotics.

He is not willing to do that fearing the acid reflux and during the las four days he is getting worse. Can he take both drugs together?
Best wish from concerned partner
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no significant interactions.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to HCM forum.
Thanks for posting to us.

Actually there is no significant interactions described between chloromycetin and somac(pantoprazol), and these can be used together.
But, as your doctor is specifically advised not to take them together, it will fine if you can discuss the issue with him before taking. Such decisions are taken on an individual basis, and your doctor might be having better idea regarding your tolerance profile.

Hope this will answer your query.
If you have further questions, I will be happy to help.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju