Suggest treatment for upper back pain
Can be a Muscle strain
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain of the upper side of your back can be due to-
1. Muscle strain- due to tear or pull of muscle fibers.
2. Infections like a paraspinal abscess.
3. Disc herniation.
4. Arthritis or ankylosing spondylosis.
5. Weak core muscles-Strengthening the muscles that support the spine helps keep the spine in its proper position and reduce the risk of sprains, strains and back pain.
6. Vitamin D3 deficiency.
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like an ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray, and MRI of the spine after an examination by your primary physician.
The treatment will then depend on the cause.
Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv and upper back pain
- Upper back pain and cancer
- Upper back pain and chills
- Varicocele and upper back pain
- Upper back pain and indigestion
- Constipation and upper back pain
- Suggest treatment for upper back pain during pregnancy
- Upper back pain bronchitis
- What is the treatment for upper back pain
- Toddler upper back pain
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?