Suggest treatment for upper abdominal pain and acidity

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My wife is have severe stomach pain, when ever she is taking any food after thatshe had pain in her upper stomach and seems acidity. Please suggest medicine.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Since when is she having these symptoms?
2. How log does each episode of pain lasts?
3. Any other medical illness?
4. Any tests done so far?

Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
1. Since when is she having these symptoms? last week it happed for 1st time. anfter taking meftal SPAS and rantac 150 mg for 2 days it was cured. Again happened today.
2. How log does each episode of pain lasts? almost 2 hrs severe pain and then mild pain in middle of upper stomach
3. Any other medical illness? no
4. Any tests done so far?no
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
It looks like she is having acidity related symptoms only.

You can give her the following medications -

1. T Iladac 10 mg once daily for 4 weeks
2. Mucaine 10 ml thrice a day

If there is no relief, then you need to take her doctor for examination to look for other conditions causing similar symptoms.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 minutes later
Thanks
I had visited hospital yesterday, and they suggested ultrasound. It is found 12mm stone in gallblader. And prescribed pain killer and antacid tab for 3 days. And sugested surgery. Please reccomend can it be cured by medicine or surgery is must.
Can I delay surgery till 15th Aug.

Please suggest, will be helpful .
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
The definitive treatment for gallstone is surgery.
Medications alone are not effective.

Surgery can be done laparoscopically if there are no contraindications.

Yes you can get it done after August 15th.

Dr.R.K.
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Hello Sir,
Till then should you recommed to remain in medication like pain killer and anatacid.
What should be taken for this.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the USG report

Detailed Answer:
Kindly upload the complete report of ultrasound scan.
I want to go through it first.

Dr.R.K.