Suggest treatment for unwanted hair growth on the face

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hai sir, i am using minoxidil from december 2016 as prescribed by dermatologist... after using for three months unwanted hair i.e beside and under the eyes is growing ..my doctor advised me to stop using minoxidil and use foligain lotion..?
is foligain is really help ful..?
and how can i get rid of my unwanted hair?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stopping minoxidil increases hairloss manifold.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully thorough your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that althogh Minoxidil is effective, stopping it will increase your hairfall manifold. Unless you decide to continue it lifelong, it would be a good idea to stop using it. Foligain contains certain vitamins and supplements, the deficiency of which may lead to hair fall. But in case deficiency is these supplements is not the cause of your hairloss, Foligain would be of no use. It is only in case of those deficiency causes that Foligain is helpful.

There is no shortcut to getting rid of unwanted hair. They occur due to hormonal imbalance which is common at your age. It is no use getting apprehensive about them.

Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
thank u for u r rwply sir.. i am very glad to u r response..
but i am worrying about unwanted hair... my face around the eyes is looking very dirty... please give me solution for removal of unwanted hair
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use depilatory agents

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.

You can use depilatory agents like XXXXXXX French and that will help you to get rid of the unwanted hair in your face.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 26 minutes later
can dipilatory agents uses to get rid off unwanted hair permanently?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No permanent solution

Detailed Answer:
No, they would need to be used from time to time. The effect is not permanent.