Suggest treatment for unusual creamy penile discharge in a G6PD deficient person
Evaluation and investigations needed.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
Firstly I would like to know did you had any unprotected intercourse? Yes azirthromycin is safe in Patients with G6PD deficiency. You must not take any antibiotics like chloramphenicol, sulphonamides, furazolidone or quinolones.
Secondly you must get evaluation done by physician and tests to confirm diagnosis as it can be gonorrhea, chlamydia or genital candidiasis. You will require gram staining and culture sensitivity for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria with special media. Even molecular tests need to be done for nesseria and chlamydia. Fungal elements presence also need to be overruled. Then according to tests I can advise treatment.
Keep genitals clean and dry a refrain from sex till disease free.
Hope I answered your query
A review will be appreciated
Dr Sheetal Verma
Yes STD is completely curable. Do not worry just get the tests done. I would also advise you to get HIV PCR test after6 weeks and 4 th generation ELISA test after12 weeks to rule out any possibility of HIV infection also. I am not saying this to scare you as the possibility of infection from one exposure is practically nil. But just to be on the safer side I suggest the tests.
Best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penile discharge causes
- Symptoms of chronic penile discharge
- Treatment and cure for chronic penile discharge
- Penile discharge in uti
- Penile discharge and sore throat
- Diagnosis of chronic penile discharge
- Chronic penile discharge causes
- Penile discharge after shower
- Dehydration and penile discharge
- Treatment and cure for Penile discharge
- What causes burning micturition post protected intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in stomach
- What does the widal test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for Entamoeba histolytica infection
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for flu with diarrhea and tiredness
- Does the use of condoms cause warts on penis tip?
- Suggest treatment for painful reddish rashes on buttocks and thighs
- What causes low body temperature along with pain in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for recurring fever, chills and dizziness