Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for unspecified rash, boils and itching

Answered by
Dr. Kalpana Pathak


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 2015 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello My name is XXXXXXX and my son's name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX has been inundated with an unspecified rash, boils, and itching for 5 months. He has seen approx. 9 dermatologist and at this point I am suggesting to him that he go to the CDC. Can you please tell me what a doctor might not be looking for that can cause all these problems. They have done several tox screens and nothing has shown up that was not normal.
Please can someone just make a valid suggestion. We are lost. Also he lives in CT and I live in Louisiana but he works constantly even though he is in a lot of pain. Thank you to anyone who can help. BTW I am having trouble getting into my e-mail at the moment so I don't know how we can do this.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for writing to us.
I can really understand your concern regarding your son's persistent skin disease.
There could be number of skin conditions that can present with a rash and boils etc like eczema with secondary infection, infective eczema, scabies with secondary infection, psoriasis, fungal infection with secondary bacterial infection, dermatitis herpetiformis etc
To help your son, I would need his previous prescriptions, biopsy report and images of affected area.
Also please mention his skin disorder in detail esp describing the lesions and specifically mentioning the area affected.
You may upload his reports and pics by clicking on upload report/image icon which is on right side of query page. You may also send his reports to YYYY@YYYY . Please mention ATTN DR KALPANA PATHAK in subject line.
Hoping to get all the details from you soon.
Warm regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on Fungal infection

doctor1 MD

Good day. I have noticed a strongish smell after urinating. The pharmacist said its either a fungal or bacterial infection. Diflucan was suggested, but that would only sort out a fungal infection not a bacterial?? i had been on antibiotics a while ago and my life is very stressful right now due to my mother being ill. In the past I would use Diflucan after antibiotics to get rid of the candida which antibiotics cause. NOw there is only a smell of the urine but no actual discharge.

doctor1 MD

I have a dermatology issue. The skin on my fingers crack. I live in Maine and have suffered from chap fingers all my life. But now it seems to affect my thumbs. During the year, when my hands are clear. A calous will appear. And the skin will peal, and the layers of skin will continue till they eventually bleed. Right now both thumbs are affected. I thought it might be a fungal infection. It could be a contact alegy? The only relief I get is by using tape. Help?

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. I started feeling some irritation and pain in my anus 4-5 days back. It was occurring after morning stool. After a day I started feeling irritation in my aus and near by the whole day and was not able to sit properly which is occuring till now. In morning it bleeded and paining. the skin near anus area has dried up and irritating me. Is it piles or some fungal infection ?

doctor1 MD

hi doc . my name is alvin .when i was 15 i had fungal infection in my inner thighs .i have used some medicines at that time now there is no infection but the skin there became darker is there any surgical method to get rid of this.already i have applied too much ointments in that area and i am dissapointed.please help me in this

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2 and 3 centimeters, respectively. One is just anterior to her left axilla, the other is on her...

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is paining and during itching has got open as well