Suggest treatment for unspecified rash, boils and itching

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello My name is XXXXXXX and my son's name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX has been inundated with an unspecified rash, boils, and itching for 5 months. He has seen approx. 9 dermatologist and at this point I am suggesting to him that he go to the CDC. Can you please tell me what a doctor might not be looking for that can cause all these problems. They have done several tox screens and nothing has shown up that was not normal.
Please can someone just make a valid suggestion. We are lost. Also he lives in CT and I live in Louisiana but he works constantly even though he is in a lot of pain. Thank you to anyone who can help. BTW I am having trouble getting into my e-mail at the moment so I don't know how we can do this.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,
I can really understand your concern regarding your son's persistent skin disease.
There could be number of skin conditions that can present with a rash and boils etc like eczema with secondary infection, infective eczema, scabies with secondary infection, psoriasis, fungal infection with secondary bacterial infection, dermatitis herpetiformis etc
To help your son, I would need his previous prescriptions, biopsy report and images of affected area.
Also please mention his skin disorder in detail esp describing the lesions and specifically mentioning the area affected.
You may upload his reports and pics by clicking on upload report/image icon which is on right side of query page. You may also send his reports to YYYY@YYYY . Please mention ATTN DR KALPANA PATHAK in subject line.
Hoping to get all the details from you soon.
Warm regards