question-icon

Suggest treatment for uneasiness, difficulty in speaking and tiredness

Posted on Fri, 22 May 2015
Question: I have a 5 year old son. he is a very active and very energetic child. for the past 3 months I see that some time feels some kind of uneasiness and during that when he is tying to communicate his speech is not clear and during that moment he feels very tired and wants to sleep. after 10 min of sleep he is fine. can you suggest what should be done.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Possible seizure disorder?Need confirmation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam.

I understand your concern.

As per the symptoms you mentioned,this could either point to a seizure disorder or stuttering disorder.

All you need to do is get a EEG of the child during such an attack of unclear speech.

In case if any abnormalities are plotted on EEG,an MRI brain can be asked at a later stage.

Consultation with a expert Neurologist will help.

Further management depends on the test result.

Post your further queries if any,
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasanna Heijebu