Suggest treatment for uneasiness after taking Mycelex troche

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i took mycelex troche and now it seems like my throat is having a reaction. i have a trach so i can breathe
without a problem. but when i swallow it seems like i have something stuck . do i just wait and see what
happens?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be a allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

The symptoms may be allergic reaction to the mycelex troche. But to real out other disease and to reach the near diagnosis, I need answers of some questions.
1. Do you have any history of cancer, allergy,
2. Do you consume tobacco or alcohol?
2. Duration of trach.
3. Onset of symptom is sudden or progressive.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 6 hours later
i had prostrate cancer but three years it is still gone. i have sinus allergy. never smoked. drink a beer once in two months. had trach since 1991. due to polio at age 14, 1951. it is better this morning but still feel it.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just Wait

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

Your history is not significant. In this context as symptoms are improving, I would just advice you to wait. There is no need to intervene medically at the moment.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Thanks