Suggest treatment for undescended testicle
Thanks for asking to healthcaremagic..
I have gone through the query and understood your concern.
Surgical treatment(orchidopexy with or without orchidectomy) is the best treatment for undescended testicle..
Orchidopexy ---> Restoration and fixation of the undescended testicle into the scrotum..
Orchidectomy --->Removal of the undescended testicle to prevent testicular cancer..
I am also doubtful about my sexual prowess due to this condition, is there any impact on sexual health due to this condition.
Thank you for following up.
Orchidopexy surgery in expert hands is safe. May rarely cause testicular atrophy in a previously normal undescended testicle.
Considering the testis is out of the scrotal sac, I suspect that the chances of being a 100% normal testicle is low because outside the scrotal sac testicle poorly grows and functions. Therefore it is utmost important we identify the location of testis before commenting about testicular function.
Furthermore we can't predict the impact on sexual health without proper assessment. This will depend on the location and importantly the functional status of both the testicles..
Following tests will help assess the anatomical and functional status of the testicles..
1) MRI abdomen scan would help find testicle's exact location
2) Semen analysis help rule out the testicular failure.
But yes,sexual dysfunction and male infertility are related poor outcomes to this condition if not treated early after birth.
Hope i have answered your query..Further queries are welcome.
I am from XXXXXXX and don't know anyone out there to refer..
You can search for doctors based on the specialty and also location in the healthcaremagic's doctors page. http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/Doctors-in-delhi/L18864S0
Alternatively any general surgeon should be able to help. You can visit any reputed multidisciplinary hospital or a medical college. I am sure you will find the best surgeons in such institutes.
Hope I was helpful in answering your queries..
Wishing you good health..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Undescended testicle marfan
- Undescended testicle and situs inversus
- Ultrasound undescended testicles
- Undescended testicles in children
- Location of undescended testicle
- Infant with undescended testicles treatment
- Undescended testicle implant nhs
- Undescended testicle sperm morphology
- Vasectomy removing undescended testicle
- Undescended testicle home remedy
- Is Albuterol more than four times a week unsafe?
- What does a healthy balanced diet contain?
- Is prolonged Tramadol intake dangerous?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Does Dayquil increase BP?
- What causes prolonged periods?
- What causes severe chronic headache with history of VP shunt surgery?
- Suggest treatment for cyst and stage 3 kidney disease
- Suggest treatment for dry mouth and numbness in throat
- What casues myoclonic jerks in arm?