Suggest treatment for underarm lipoma

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in General Health
Question: I have underarm lipoma both side. What I can do to get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depend on size

Detailed Answer:

If the lipomas are lesser than 2 cms in size they do not cause any problems.Reducing body fat via exercise and diet restriction of fat will surely help to get rid of them.

If they are larger than 2 cms then there is risk of them compressing a nerve or blood vessel. Surgical excision is the only solution here. Surgerical excision is a minor invasive procedure. This can be done in few minutes with hospitalization for few hours. This surgery do not follow any complications if done in good setups.

There are no medications to reduce the size of the lipomas.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later
I have the sonography & memography of the same. It is bigger than 2cm and very vague ( not concentrated at one point).
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attach your reports

Detailed Answer:

Please share the reports here.

I shall have a look and advice on the same.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
Thank You for you advice!!

I will upload the reports by Monday as I don't have those available now.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ok

Detailed Answer:
Sure will wait.