Suggest treatment for underactive thyroid
Looks like prozac side effects
I have read your query
The normal levels of FT4- 1.0 -4.3 U
The normal levels of TSH- 0.3 - 5.0 U/mL
So by this I dont think that there is the issue of inactive hypothyroidism.
Yes FT4 is just outside the normal range, but that may be a lab variant
Besides, if it was hypothyroidism, the TSH levels would be raised as well.
So, I dont think that the issue of hypothyroidism is to be considered
However, I will agree that all your symptoms can be accounted for by hypothyroidism.
Generalized fatigue, heavy menses, depression, constipation, weight gain- all can be explained by hypothyroidism
However, all can also be accounted for by prozac.
All the symptoms you have mentioned can be caused as a side effect of prozac that you have been consuming. I will actually suggest you meet your doctor and have the medicine changed, or the dose modified.
Please feel free to contact for any further related queries
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is an underactive thyroid and morphea related
- Treatment and cure for Under-active thyroid
- Underactive thyroid cervical mucus
- Metformin and underactive thyroid
- Mild underactive thyroid
- Underactive thyroid treatment
- Underactive thyroid treatment through operations
- Lymph nodes underactive thyroid
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis underactive thyroid
- Underactive thyroid and ipl treatment