Suggest treatment for under eye dark circles
Is there any medicine or treatments to reduce/eliminate dark circles around the eyes ?
Please advice. Also please let me know on possible causes of dark circles.
Dark circles treatment
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your concern and i have understood it.
Dark circles can be quite difficult to treat. Treatment is difficult because dark circles can be due to multiple causes.
Hereditary seems to play a significant role. e.g in allergy prone individuals, a condition or state of 'atopy' exists & these atopic individuals more often manifest with 'dark circles' under the eyes. These type of dark circles are constitutional and difficult to treat. These individuals also frequently have peri-oral darkness.
Development of dark circles also depends a lot on your lifestyle pattern- diet, sleep, computer / TV use and stress. Stressors/ Strain due to working for long hours on computers & lack of sleep play a major role too.
Another important cause of undereye dark circles is Iron deficiency Anemia.
In some individuals undereye hollowness contributes to the appearance of dark circles. The hollowness can be corrected by injecting fillers.
As can be judged from some of the reasons cited, good hydration, regular 6-8 hours of sleep, addressing stress and a multivitamin and an Iron supplement by themselves will go a long way in correcting this issue.
In some individuals the skin under the eye is paper thin, thin skin makes the blood vessels under the skin easily visible and hence this appears dark (bluish red circles that are caused entirely by blood vessels). In such a case one would benefit from using a cream containing Vitamin K and Retinol( EGA cream). Retinol stimulates the synthesis of new collagen which helps in making the skin more translucent whereas Vit helps to correct discolorations for a brighter, healthier overall appearance. Use it once a day for at least 3 months to notice a difference.
Skin lightening cream containing glycolic acid, kojic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vit C) can also be helpful in reducing the appearance of dark circles.
Glycolic acid and Arginine peels are the two commonly used peels by dermatologists for undereye dark circles. You can try a few peeling sessions (6-8 session) thereafter you can maintain the improvement with creams OR take a peeling session once in a while for maintenance of improvement.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gharelu treatment for dark circles under eyes
- Having dark circle under eyes what are the treatment available
- Suggest treatment for under eye dark circles
- Suggest medicines for dark circles under eyes
- Suggest treatment for dark circles
- Have dark circles under eyes puffiness treatment
- Dark circles under the eyes treatment in auckland
- Dark circles under eyes treatment
- Adderall dark circles under eyes
- Dark circles under eyes abcess
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body