Suggest treatment for under eye dark circles

Dermatologist
Question
I have permanent dark circles under my eyes.
I have dark patches of skin on the back.
Usually, my skin is very rough and dry.
What steps should be taken? What could be the underlying problem?
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dark circles related to inadequate sleep

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now your first problem is regarding dark circles.
I would like to tell you that there can be various causes for such dark circles .
They can be genetic or can be due to anemia, sleep derivation, stress or due to some hormone imbalances in body.
Now I can see in your previous queries that you seem to be having problem of inadequate sleep.
I do relate your problem of dark circles to inadequate sleep although it is equally important to rule out other causes.
I would like to know your current hemoglobin levels in case you have recently got them checked.
Now as far as your back problem is concerned, I would request you to click another close up picture since the picture you have uploaded is not very clear.
Also provide certain details regarding the body pigmentation . Since when do you have it?
Which all sites are involved?
Any associated itching?
Any medicines you have been applying?

I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul