• question-icon

Suggest treatment for uncontrolled lymphedema

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: this is pic of my stomach area.I have uncontrolled lymdema.What are these things on my skin?What is going to happen?Is it part of lymdema?Dangerous? what should do?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its lymph collecting in spaces

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your queryAs lymphedema gets into the upper body and abdomen, it will cause the lymph vessels to dilate. When it dilate, the lymphedema is made much much worse because the valves in the formerly good part of the lymph system are no longer able to close to prevent "backflow" of lymphedema. It starts a viscous cycle.This lymph starts accumulating in between the fat layers of skin (Abdomen contains fat).
No its not dangerous.
Nothing can be done.
Just keep on taking the precautions you are taking for lymphedema.
Is there any sort of itching or pain?

Please reply.
Waiting!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist