Suggest treatment for uncontrolled itching while on Gabapentin?

Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: 800 mg gabapentin cause bad itching on my back uncontrol ??? skin feel burning on back, both breast and nipples hot flash like fire it hurts so much.
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Read below

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic.

If I understand your question correctly you are having an allergic reaction after Gabapentin use, with itching and burning sensation on the skin. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am afraid the question is not very clear.
If that is indeed the case and you are sure for the symptoms to have started than naturally Gabapentin must be interrupted. To alleviate the symptoms an antihistaminic medication like cetirizine may be used.
As for what to take instead of Gabapentin, I do not know what was Gabapentin was used for. If used for neuropathic pain then alternatives might be Pregabalin or an antidepressant such as Duloxetine.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.