Suggest treatment for uncontrolled crying in child

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is 2 and a half years old. She cries incontrollably in the middle of the night raiding her hands in the air. I understand the decorum at home wasn't maintained when I conceived to when she was born followed by her first and second year. She is extremely nitpicky about clothing sometimes going about naked. I am really worried about her. Kindly advise me whether to consult a child psychologist. Please help asap
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Meera Kotecha 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult a developmental paediatrician

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using health care magic.
If such a child is brought to my clinic I would evaluate her for sensory processing disorder, especially tactile.
The episodes which occur in the sleep can be treated by using clobazam 2.5 mg at bed time.
She will benefit from sensory integration therapy.
The home decorum will not cause such problems in the child.
I hope I have helped you
If you have any other query please feel free to ask.
Thank you.
Dr. Meera kotecha
Developmental and behavioral paediatrician