Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for uncontrolled crying in child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 460 Questions
My daughter is 2 and a half years old. She cries incontrollably in the middle of the night raiding her hands in the air. I understand the decorum at home wasn't maintained when I conceived to when she was born followed by her first and second year. She is extremely nitpicky about clothing sometimes going about naked. I am really worried about her. Kindly advise me whether to consult a child psychologist. Please help asap
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Meera Kotecha 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult a developmental paediatrician

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using health care magic.
If such a child is brought to my clinic I would evaluate her for sensory processing disorder, especially tactile.
The episodes which occur in the sleep can be treated by using clobazam 2.5 mg at bed time.
She will benefit from sensory integration therapy.
The home decorum will not cause such problems in the child.
I hope I have helped you
If you have any other query please feel free to ask.
Thank you.
Dr. Meera kotecha
Developmental and behavioral paediatrician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor