Suggest treatment for unbearable pain in legs
A DETAILED HISTORY AND EXAMINATION IS REQUIRED
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
You have provided a short history. I need to ask you a few questions-
Where exactly is the pain? Is it in the thighs, legs or soles? Or all are involved? Is there radiation of pain from lower back? Since when are you experiencing such pain? Is there any history of trauma? Do you have some work where you have to stand for a very long time? Do you have diabetes etc?
Kindly provide answers to the above questions so that I can tell you further about the reason of your pain. It can be due to fatigue, muscle cramps, any neuropathic pain from diabetes or sciatica, also arthritis etc. For now you can do the following-
Elevate the feet while going to bed.
Take aceclofenac-thiocolchicoside combination for 5days.
Take antacids along with.
Take pregabalin-methylcobalamin combination for 5days.
Get blood for complete hemogram, blood sugar, uric acid and c-reactive protein done.
You can consult your doctor for prescription of the above.
Contact me with the answers and the reports.
Hope this was helpful.
it can be due to fatigue or muscle cramps.
Yes it can be due to fatigue or muscle cramps.
Take enough fluids per oral.
Follow as advised before.
Rest and elevation of foot is important. Elevate the feet by keeping a pillow below the back of knee etc.
Also get the tests done to rule out other causes as mentioned.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain in leg after an epidural shot
- Suggest treatment for leg pain after a miscarriage
- Suggest treatment for back pain radiating to right leg
- Suggest treatment for leg muscle pain and cough
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain on legs
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain of back and legs
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Suggest treatment for numb leg back pain and constipation
- Suggest treatment for leg pain
- Suggest treatment for leg pain and weakness