Suggest treatment for umbilical hernia

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My fiancé is 37, he has an umbilical hernia. He currently is experiencing dizziness when driving. The dizziness comes and goes but is better if lying flat. Has bad headache. Experiencing some blurred vision as well. Do you know what this is?
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hernia and dizziness are not related

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir.

Your fiance's symptoms are possibly due to either-
Ear problem (positional vertigo or inner ear imbalance-vestibular insufficiency) or
Cardiovascular problem or
Anaemia.

Hence she requires further evaluation and detailed work-up to identify underlying cause. Kindly consult ENT surgeon for further examination and planning standard of care.

Umbilical hernia is mostly (99%) asymptomatic and doesn't cause any problems and is not related to dizziness. However it has to operated only if required.

Hope this answers your query.

Dr. Praveen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D