Suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis
Proper medication would stop progression of disease.
Thanks for asking query on this forum.
Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease that mainly affects the lining of the large intestine. This autoimmune disease has a relapsing-remitting course, which means that periods of flare-ups are followed by periods of remission. Right now, there's no medical cure for UC is the drug of choice for maintaining remission. Drug of choice is Mesalamine.It is useful for the treatment of mild-to-moderate ulcerative colitis. It is better tolerated and has less adverse effects as compared to Adalimumab but yes Humara (Adalimumab) can also be used in young patients and is approved by FDA.So It depends on physician to physician.
Medication would stop progression of disease.Though there is no cure yet by use of proper medication progression of disease can be controlled.Without medical therapy things would get worse so please adhere to therapy and regular follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis flare treatment
- Ulcerative colitis drugs treatment
- Natural treatment for ulcerative colitis
- Suggest medication for ulcerative colitis
- Treatment and cure for ulcerative colitis arthritis
- Malaria treatment and ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis treatment options
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Is acthar used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis?
- What causes rapid abdominal weight gain?
- Is Voltaren effective in managing pain when with Barrett's esophagus?
- What causes black stool post a colostomy surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe nausea and vomiting
- What are the repercussions of accidental ingestion of a plastic piece?
- What causes difficulty in swallowing food?
- Suggest treatment for profuse rectal bleeding
- What causes urinary retention after gallbladder removal?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating and gastritis
- What causes upper right quadrant pain with bloating?