Suggest treatment for ulcerative colitis

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I HAVE Ulcerative colitis with ileostomy and have a hernia under the stoma site I cannot seem to get into see a surgeon until @ least until late September can you give me some advice on this please XXXXXXX Cochrane..
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please give details of your complaints

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I understand your concerns. But you need to be specific about the exact nature of your problems. Is it that you are having ulcerations or issues pertaining to the ileostomy? Or is it that you are having issues like loose stools? Let me know and I would try to help.
If I had a patient whose problems of ulcerative colitis have aggravated, I might have insisted him to try Rifagut (rifaximin) 550 mg one tablet twice or thrice a day for 5 days. For you, you can feel free to contact me until you can get in touch with your surgeon and other than surgical interventions, I would surely try to help you out.
Let me know your query specifically and I would be glad to help.