Suggest treatment for typhoid
She is actually 40 years old. She is taking Cipnolone ( Ciprofloxacin) and Sharin Silymarin syrup.
Ciprofloxacin, 500mg twice daily for 10days!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear your friend has typhoid. Typhoid fever is a water borne disease caused by a germ called salmonella typhi. This is gotten by eating or drinking contaminated food.
How was she diagnosed with typhoid? Treatment consist in administering antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin is the most commonly used with high degree of success. Paying great attention to her source of water would be a great preventive measure. Also, let her avoid close contacts with others as this is a contagious disease.
I hope this helps. I wish her well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Typhoid doesn't require a specilaist!
Typhoid is commonly addressed by primary care physicians/ internal medicine specialists. Unless something else comes up, she doesn't require the services of a specialist. The most solicited specialist in this case would be an infectiologist but it is not necessary at this time.
She can visit a reputed or corporate hospital locally. Alternately we have an internal medicine specialist whose profile is available at the following link:
I hope this helps and i wish you well.
If you have more concerns, please let me help you address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zenocin 400 in treatment of typhoid
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Treatment of typhoid with topcef 200
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid fever
- Treatment for typhoid during pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for on typhoid treatment
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid
- Post typhoid weakness treatment
- Treatment of typhoid in pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for deafness after typhoid infection