Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
190 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for typhoid

Answered by
Dr. Ivo Ditah

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 3919 Questions

Posted on Mon, 5 Jan 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello, I have a friend in the Lohare area and she has typhoid, I need to recommend a doctor that specializes in this disease and any recommendations for treatment/ steps she needs to take would be appreciated
She is actually 40 years old. She is taking Cipnolone ( Ciprofloxacin) and Sharin Silymarin syrup.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin, 500mg twice daily for 10days!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear your friend has typhoid. Typhoid fever is a water borne disease caused by a germ called salmonella typhi. This is gotten by eating or drinking contaminated food.

How was she diagnosed with typhoid? Treatment consist in administering antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin is the most commonly used with high degree of success. Paying great attention to her source of water would be a great preventive measure. Also, let her avoid close contacts with others as this is a contagious disease.

I hope this helps. I wish her well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 minutes later
Thank you for your answer, but I also asked if there's a good specialized Dr she can see in the Lohare region...if yes, can you prove Dr's name, address and contact information. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Typhoid doesn't require a specilaist!

Detailed Answer:

Typhoid is commonly addressed by primary care physicians/ internal medicine specialists. Unless something else comes up, she doesn't require the services of a specialist. The most solicited specialist in this case would be an infectiologist but it is not necessary at this time.

She can visit a reputed or corporate hospital locally. Alternately we have an internal medicine specialist whose profile is available at the following link:

I hope this helps and i wish you well.

If you have more concerns, please let me help you address them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Typhoid fever

doctor1 MD

Hi, My son who is 12 years old, was running intermittent temperature past 10 days. ( 101 to 103), was getting controlled through paracetamol once...

doctor1 MD

my daughter is 3 and a half years old, she suffered from typhoid fever 15 days back, she was treated with cefpodoxime and oofloxacin for 14 days...

doctor1 MD

I have suffered from Typhoid fever last year november i.e 2011.....that was complicated and it took 13 doses of ceftriaxone injection to give me...

doctor1 MD

hi, my husband had typhoid 3 weeks before for which he had taken the complete treatment. but now he has sexual problem like weakening in erection...

doctor1 MD

I am having joint pain post my typhoid . Still not going down. Have been taking wysolon. Any other medicine

doctor1 MD

Fever from 16 days. got CBC, Typhpoiid and Dengue test done.Got Typhoid Positive. (TYPHI IgG(RAPID ASSAY) - within range(Negative) (TYPHI IgG(RAPID...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I have recently diagnosed with typhoid one month back and I took course of antibiotics. I started developing anxiety kind of like unknown fear...