Suggest treatment for typhoid

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 5 Jan 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello, I have a friend in the Lohare area and she has typhoid, I need to recommend a doctor that specializes in this disease and any recommendations for treatment/ steps she needs to take would be appreciated
She is actually 40 years old. She is taking Cipnolone ( Ciprofloxacin) and Sharin Silymarin syrup.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ciprofloxacin, 500mg twice daily for 10days!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear your friend has typhoid. Typhoid fever is a water borne disease caused by a germ called salmonella typhi. This is gotten by eating or drinking contaminated food.

How was she diagnosed with typhoid? Treatment consist in administering antibiotics. Ciprofloxacin is the most commonly used with high degree of success. Paying great attention to her source of water would be a great preventive measure. Also, let her avoid close contacts with others as this is a contagious disease.

I hope this helps. I wish her well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 10 minutes later
Thank you for your answer, but I also asked if there's a good specialized Dr she can see in the Lohare region...if yes, can you prove Dr's name, address and contact information. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Typhoid doesn't require a specilaist!

Detailed Answer:

Typhoid is commonly addressed by primary care physicians/ internal medicine specialists. Unless something else comes up, she doesn't require the services of a specialist. The most solicited specialist in this case would be an infectiologist but it is not necessary at this time.

She can visit a reputed or corporate hospital locally. Alternately we have an internal medicine specialist whose profile is available at the following link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-omer/65420

I hope this helps and i wish you well.

If you have more concerns, please let me help you address them.