Suggest treatment for typhoid bacterial infection
Possibility of typhoid bacterial infection.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. There is possibility of typhoid bacterial infection for your wife. Typhi dot only tells us about whether positive or negative. You can go for a widal test to find out the titre of specific antibodies.
In case that is positive antibiotic should be taken. Flouroquinolones like ciprofloxacin or ofloxacin is the drug of choice for this. In case positive you don't go for antibiotic therapy typhoid fever can recur again. You can approach a general medicine or infectious disease physician to run this test and for antibiotic therapy.
Fast foods from outside is not safe to consume all time.They can be source of food poisoning and typhoid. If possible cook your food yourself which will be better. Also boiling the water will be better. The bottled water you get outside won't be safe everytime.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for recurrent typhoid infection
- Suggest treatment for typhoid fever
- Treatment and cure for active typhoid infection
- Treatment and cure for typhoid , parasitic infection
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid fever
- Treatment and cure for typhoid, viral infections
- Treatment and cure for on typhoid treatment
- What treatment is suggested for typhoid
- Treatment and cure for typhoid, urinary infection
- Suggest treatment for deafness after typhoid infection
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?