Suggest treatment for tuberculosis
Mortality in tuberculosis
Thank you for trusting HCM
Tuberculosis is the infection caused by bacteria(Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
Tuberculosis usually affects the lungs but can also spread to other parts of the body.
If not adequately treated Tuberculosis is definitely fatal.
Tuberculosis by itself as the cause of increased mortality include
-Disseminated tuberculosis (Bacteria spreading to different organs) resulting in organ failure. Example: TB meningitis, TB endocarditis, hepatitis, TB pneumonia, Acute respiratory distress syndrome and respiratory failure etc
-Multi drug resistant Tuberculosis - means tuberculosis not responding to antibiotics
There are also secondary causes of increased mortality in tuberculosis patients like
-Increased risk of fungal infection like aspergillosis
-Secondary bacterial infection and pneumonia
-Medications used in the treatment of tuberculosis can cause serious side effects like liver failure.
-Increased risk of lung malignancy in tuberculosis scar tissue
-Worsening of other chronic lung conditions like Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease.
Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment schedule for miliary tuberculosis
- Treatment of extrapulmonary tuberculosis
- Suggested treatment of tuberculosis
- Treatment of pelvic tuberculosis
- Treatment for tuberculosis in uterus please suggest me
- Glevo 750 treatment of tuberculosis
- Latent tuberculosis treatment
- Tuberculosis fever during treatment
- Suggest the treatment for tuberculosis of bones
- Treatment of uterine mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...