Suggest treatment for tuberculosis infection in tissues

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My husband had an left hand middle finger swelling, from MRI and aspiration we got to know that the tissues are having swelling and we got operated for biopsy reports. The reports detected as tuberculous etiology. can you guide which doctor should i see as the doctors whom i had met for the treatment one is Ortho and other doc is infection desease specialities.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
These are best treated by Ortho.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. This disease is best treated by Orthopedic doctor as he can deal with deformity etc also. However he may consult tuberculosis doctor if needed ( rarely needed).

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Doctor could you help me with other medicines of same composition which are referred by the doc, if you see the reports.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
AKT4 kit, Becomplex, Dicloran A and pantaprazole.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back
Your prescription is ok . I will not recommend you to frequent change in prescription in tuberculosis. The treatment should be under supervision of Doctor. I generally give following to persons coming to me with same disease.
1. AKT4 kit . It comes in a set of 4 tablets. Red one is to be taken empty stomach. Rest are to be taken after meals in whole day according to your ease.
2. Becomplex daily one after meals.
3. Dicloran A ( analgesic) three times a day after meals for pain.
4. Pantaprazole 40 mg once daily before meals.
You can discuss with your doctor about it.
Everything else already discussed.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
https://www.bit.ly/askdrsudhirortho

Wishing you good health