Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for triquetal avulsion fracture

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 4458 Questions
I have two xrays and MRI that show a triquetal avulsion fracture.. What is the recommended treatment ? Also state TFCC tear
I have pain in my hand and wrist , weakness and swelling when I use my hand.
Have been seeing a doctor for five months after fall on wrist. Literally no improvement. Should I seek a specialist ??
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to see a hand specialist

Detailed Answer:
I have answered your one question regarding same problem in the past. I would suggest you to show it to hand surgeon and he may asked you for following two options.
1. Arthroscopic debridement of the TFCC- In this he will clear all degenerated tissue with help of key hole surgery.
2. He may suggest you to repair this ligament but chances are less.
So my suggestion is to show it to hand specialist. I hope this answer will be helpful for you. Let me know if you want to ask any followup question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor