Suggest treatment for triquetal avulsion fracture

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have two xrays and MRI that show a triquetal avulsion fracture.. What is the recommended treatment ? Also state TFCC tear
I have pain in my hand and wrist , weakness and swelling when I use my hand.
Have been seeing a doctor for five months after fall on wrist. Literally no improvement. Should I seek a specialist ??
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to see a hand specialist

Detailed Answer:
I have answered your one question regarding same problem in the past. I would suggest you to show it to hand surgeon and he may asked you for following two options.
1. Arthroscopic debridement of the TFCC- In this he will clear all degenerated tissue with help of key hole surgery.
2. He may suggest you to repair this ligament but chances are less.
So my suggestion is to show it to hand specialist. I hope this answer will be helpful for you. Let me know if you want to ask any followup question.
Thanks.