Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for trigger finger

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 987 Questions
My ring finger on both hands stick when bent and there are painful, I understand it is called triger finger, how do I treat this?
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Welcome to health care magic forum. I am dr aslam here to help you.

From your description, it seems like trigger finger itself.

Anyhow we have to confirm this by physical examination. Treatment of trigger finger includes splinting, application of moist heat and anti inflammatory drugs as needed.

When this fails to control the symptoms, another option is to inject steroid into the tendon sheath. If this also fails, we have to undergo a minor surgery.

A orthopedist can guide you through this.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor