Suggest treatment for trigger finger

Dr. Muhammed Aslam

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My ring finger on both hands stick when bent and there are painful, I understand it is called triger finger, how do I treat this?
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Welcome to health care magic forum. I am dr aslam here to help you.

From your description, it seems like trigger finger itself.

Anyhow we have to confirm this by physical examination. Treatment of trigger finger includes splinting, application of moist heat and anti inflammatory drugs as needed.

When this fails to control the symptoms, another option is to inject steroid into the tendon sheath. If this also fails, we have to undergo a minor surgery.

A orthopedist can guide you through this.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj