Suggest treatment for trichomoniasis
Would normal penicillin be effective in this case?
Antiprotozoal treatment required
Welcome to health care magic.
Trichomoniasis is a condition caused by a genital flagellate called Trichomonas vaginalis.
It is a protozoal parasite which is not killed by antibiotics like penicillin.
Metronidazole is highly effective in such cases.
Dose of 250mg three times daily for seven days is usually given in these cases.
It is a sexually transmitted disease and hence simultaneous treatment of sexual partner is also essential to prevent recurrence.
I hope I have cleared your doubts.
Please get back if any more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tindamax dosage for trichomoniasis
- Trichomoniasis causes
- Symptoms of Trichomoniasis
- Trichomoniasis in men
- Diagnosis of Trichomoniasis
- Trichomoniasis over the counter treatment
- Spotted pink painful abdomen contracted trichomoniasis taken metronidazole suggest
- Trichomoniasis treatment options
- Std trichomoniasis excessive discharge persistent suggest
- Treatment and cure for Trichomoniasis
- Experiencing intermittent bouts of headache, chills and sweats....
- Had unprotected sex, notice white color at the tip of penis, bumps on...
- Missed period. Had sex. Pregnancy kit test shows positive. Suggest ways...
- Got widal test done. What are the findings?
- Have severe back pain right below my mid back. Feel hard lumps when...
- Have yellowish discharge from anal hole. Stool test showed...
- Underwent MRgFUS. Complaining of low fever and pain in tail bone. Having...
- Suggest diet to maintain good health?
- Had protected sex. Noticed oil pill after end of urination. What are the...
- Suffering from proteus. What is it and how did I get it?