Suggest treatment for trench mouth

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Dental Health
Question: i'm still seriously writing about Trenchmouth. I read description online it fits perfectly. my gusm do not bleed I brush floss every day bruch twice a day use Listerine not regualrily but now I do. I got a little sloppy and went to bed a couple of times without brushing my teeth. I was so exhauste di just passe dout asleep. I am highly stressed slightly malnourished take vitamens have trenchmouth (PAin & tightness in teeth, smell in mouth gums ulcerating and some parts gum is separating form teeth showing roots. I have tried using teat tree oil to no avail. I am thinking of buying neem oil next. I also sw and add for nature smile or something with a bunch of bark tannins? should I invest in that as well? I am not rich - I cant afford a dentist or periodonstist. it seems people think denitsis are affordable in USA they are NOT You MUST BE UPPPER MIDDLE CLASS TO UPPPERCLAS STO AFFORD THEM THEY COST otherwise some epopel entire YEARS PAYCHECK TO HAVE ONE PROCEDURE DONE DO YOU HEAR ME? USA IS NOT OK 70% of us cannot affor ddental care at all. most of us only go in emergency! WHAT DO I DO ABOUT TRENCH MOUTH> I have sub par medical care as well. which is why I am on here and why everyone else is on here? PLEASE SOEMONE HELP> I cant los emy teeth. I am scared. I AM CELIAC WHICH IS AN AUTO IMMUNE DISEAS EI SEE A DOCTOR TOMORROW BUT I HAVE GETTOEN SUP PAR BELOW QUALITY HEALTH CARE DUE TO A DISABILITY THEY JUST DONT CARE IF YOU ARE NOT RICH IN TEH USA YOU DONT COUNT PLEASE I WANTTO SAVE MY GUMS THANK YOU & TEETH
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
scaling, root planing, medication, dental tourism

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the trench mouth is concerned, it has to be treated with scaling and root planing along with a course of antibiotics like doxycycline or metronidazole and hydrogen peroxide irrigation.
I feel really sorry for your financial status.
There is no home remedy for the trench mouth. The only home remedy what you can do is saline gargling(little warm water put salt in that and rinse your mouth).
You can take antibiotics like doxycycline (if you are not allergic), this will reduce the gum infection and you can also apply metronidazole gel over the infected gums. For the canker sore you can use topical analgesic like choline salicylate and topical anesthetic like lignocaine. Other home remedies will not help. You need to get the oral prophylaxis (scaling and root planing) done to remove the infection.
I would suggest you to go to a educational dental institute, where they do the dental treatment with concession or free of cost.
I would also suggest that, if you are coming any time to XXXXXXX plan for dental tourism and get the treatment at very less price. You can plan for this.
I hope i have answered your query. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery