Suggest treatment for trauma to the throat
can take up to a week
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible to have trauma to the throat or esophagus as a result of some foods or even drinks (very hot beverages).
It can take up to a week and in some cases, just beyond this in some persons.
Hot liquids and foods such as the soup would aggravate the injury and delay healing. This is also true for spicy or hard foods.
The swelling that you are noticing is related to the trauma.
It would be best to use cool/lukewarm or cold foods and drinks for the next few days (3 to 4).
In addition, you may want to consider continuing the use of the ibuprofen or any other anti inflammatory pain killer such as naproxen, aspirin or cataflam.
I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Spinal trauma
- Treatment and cure for brain trauma
- Treatment and cure for head trauma
- Treatment and cure for Penetrating trauma
- Closed head trauma treatment
- Treatment and cure for acoustic trauma
- Treatment and cure for Birth trauma
- Treatment and cure for Blunt trauma
- Treatment and cure for Chest trauma
- Suggest treatment for facial cellulitis following trauma to lips
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...