Suggest treatment for trapezius muscle pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: The primary care physician I consulted to old me it was the trapizius muscles
that were in spasm, I do NOT need an MRI or a flat pillow as you diagnosed.
XXXXXXX xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral muscle relaxants will help.

Detailed Answer:
Diagnosis was based on the symptoms described by you. It is good that after a proper examination diagnosis could be made. In that case rest local analgesic gel hot compress and oral muscle relaxants will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng