Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for torn IT fibers in the hip area

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
If I have torn some IT fibers in the hip area, how to I keep the IT band from getting tight if I am to rest the area? Plus, with the RICE technique, I feel like the pain is deep, so I haven't been icing area.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Foam Roller IT Band exercises will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. You can rest your IT band by hip adduction or neutral position.You can achieve this by lying on bed in lateral position. Gradual knee flexion and extension in lateral position will help. Use ice packs to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain. Physiotherapy with ultrasound and Tens will help you, Foam Roller IT Band exercises will help you can learn them from your physiotherapist. For early healing you can take Tab celin [vit C] and antioxidant with anti-inflammatory Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor