Suggest treatment for tooth sensitivity when having sweets

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Dental Health
Question: I have a dental problem ---when ever I am having sweets the teeth getting sensitive
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dental caries, abraded teeth, restoration of teeth

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.

As far as the sensitivity in the teeth, it can be because of either the decayed teeth or the abraded teeth. If there is a decayed tooth or abraded tooth, on consumption of the sweet food, there will be release of the acid which causes irritation to the teeth that results in sensitivity.

Nothing to be panic, consult a oral physician and get it evaluated. If the teeth or decayed or abraded teeth then the teeth can be restored with cement material.

I hope i have answered your query, If any queries are there, reply me back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery